So hey, it turns out that Gillian Anderson dressed up like Morticia Addams was something we all needed in our lives.
[takes a knee]
but, bbygrl, why a tura satana appreciation day?
[tw : rape]
- she’s a total babe. duh.
- she’s japanese, filipino, cheyenne + irish.
- she was simultaneously a straight-a student in school while being viciously bullied for her heritage + size and punished by her parents for getting into fights. i mean, even without the straight a’s, she was strong and endured feeling isolated at home and at school.
- she’s a fellow rape survivor — “Walking home from school at the age of nine she was gang raped by five men. According to Satana, her attackers were never prosecuted and it was rumored that the judge had been paid off. She tells how this prompted her to learn the martial arts of aikido and karate and, over the next 15 years, track down each rapist and exact revenge. ’I made a vow to myself that I would someday, somehow get even with all of them’, she said years later. ‘They never knew who I was until I told them.’”
- she began living on her own at the age of 13, after her parents married her to a 17-year old and she wasn’t having that bullshit. i can’t even imagine what that was like.
- she was an extremely successful burlesque dancer, and even when she got pregnant at 19 she danced through the first eight months of her pregnancy! and yeah, she still made BANK.
- faster pussycat! kill! kill! — a cult classic john waters apparently calls the greatest movie ever made. i still haven’t seen it, but from what i’ve read it portrays the three female leads (tura satana is the LEAD lead) in positions or power that normally men are portrayed in, and that’s allll the way back in the 60’s. she did all her own stunts and fight scenes. the majority of satana’s styling and one-liners, and some additional key concepts of the film, were satana’s own doing.
- after being shot by a former lover and staying in a hospital, she decided to study nursing and she did just that. she even briefly worked as the dispatcher for the lapd.
tura satana passed away on 2/4/2011, but she’s still amazing and one of my inspirations as a woc, especially as a mixed-race asian rape survivor struggling to embrace my sexuality. <3 and that’s why i’m giving her her own day! just who she was makes me feel good about me.
all facts taken from tura satana’s wikipedia page
a genderqueer superhero who wears a binder and hides their face so everyone assumes they’re male but then they have c cups and never bind as a civilian so their secret identity is safe
Actually theres an Argentinian comic/tv show called Cybersix thats pretty much exactly this, except the other way around:
"Cybersix" (superhero persona)
"Adrien Seidelman" (civilian persona)
i believe all the episodes are on youtube if you want to watch it…
I think every writer/artist has that one story/drawing that gets completely skipped over, and they’d never say it aloud, but inside they’re like
'fuck all y'all, that's one of the best things I've done'
plus one story/drawing that everyone loves
'really? that one?’
the authors of this textbook were clearly high as a kite when they wrote this chapter
WEENIE SPEED HOIYL FUC
Weenie factor 8 Mr sulu
I fukin love 14th century art art because everyone looks so shady and suspicious of ppl around them its AMAZING
or just like they know something u dont and oh my gdfuck i cant
I believe the highest point is reached in Simone Martini’s Annunciation
and the look of absolute hatred Mary and Gabriel exchange.
Well, imagine you were just reading a book and then suddenly some guy appears and goes “hey guess what you’re pregnant despite never having had sex IT’S A MIRACLE” what would you feel?
One of the reasons I’m SO looking forward to moving back to a one-bedroom flat is that I’m way less spooked being alone in a two-room flat than I am in a 4-bedroom house with 3 floors :(
This one only has two floors, but they’re rather large and one is a cellar level with hallways and several not-much-used rooms…
wtf why don’t floating skulls come to my feeders?? am I using the wrong blend of seeds? what mix am I supposed to use to get floating skulls?
HE HAS DUCKLINGS SO MANY BAKER DUCKLINGS